In the suburban area of Moonee Ponds, Melbourne, sports and physical activities is quite common. After all, playing sports and staying active is one of the best ways to stay fit and healthy. But any sort of sports injury could hamper athletic performance and one’s daily routine too. Unfortunately, injuries can happen to anyone, whether it’s an athlete or common man engaging in low key physical activities. Luckily these injuries can be tackled with the help of Sports Physiotherapy Moonee Ponds.
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy is the process of tackling musculoskeletal disorders like carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis. Most patients of musculoskeletal physiotherapy suffer from joint and muscle problems, often facing neck and back problems. Some of the treatment options include exercise therapy, massage, electrotherapy, pain management and manual therapy.
Benefits of musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Improves control of movement and coordination.
- Helps in easing quality of movement and range of motion.
- Helps in boosting flexibility and muscle strength.
- Helps in attaining fitness goals as well as in physical exercise.
- Helps patients to develop a strategy to cope with pain and difficulties related to the pain and also in performing normal movements during the process of recovery.
- Eliminates pain or provides relief from pain.
- Reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Improves self-sufficiency and confidence of patients.
- Helps speed up recovery and allows patients to return back to normalcy in a short span of time
- Provides an option to recover at home or in a special gym designed by physiotherapists.
- A maintenance programme can also be designed for patients once they start enjoying the benefits of physiotherapy.
- Awareness of practising healthy ways of moving to avoid further musculoskeletal complications in the future.
Benefits of sports physiotherapy
- Sudden relief from pain: A sports physiotherapist can help in providing immediate pain relief by treating the pain based on the type of injury. It includes providing hot or cold packs, dry needling that relieves muscular tension and so on. They can assess and analyse the target source of pain and administer the treatment accordingly.
- Prevents injury: Visiting a sports therapist regularly can help athletes remain healthy. They can assess current movement, and identify weak spots which may cause injury, if not cared for. Therefore, it’s always good for athletes to consider visiting a sports therapist.
- Provides relaxation: A healthy body can make a person happy and a well-rounded sportsman. Treatment by sports physiotherapists can help in easing muscular tension. Assistance from qualified physiotherapists provides peace of mind to an athlete. It also provides them with hope of recovery from injury and pain management.
- Joint and muscle flexibility: When a sports therapist treats you, the chances for increasing joint and muscle flexibility is higher. Improved flexibility can provide greater chances in preventing injury.
When a patient is in need of physiotherapy, the patient’s condition and unique set of symptoms needs to be assessed. The physiotherapist then formulates a set of exercise that can be beneficial for the patient and may help in recovery from the issue as well as in managing the pain. Patients are welcome to ask questions or mention any issue to the physiotherapist. Doing this will help them to better understand the process and its effects as well.